Carole Moran Krus
# Board Members Members listed in bold are
* Section Leaders actively singing this season
Why Sing With Us?
Here are some of the things our members had to say in a recent member survey:
"I enjoy the challenging repertoire we sing. I like the presentation and structure from our director during rehearsals."
"I enjoyed the opportunity to learn & sing unique music. Also, our conductor is an outstanding professional- his knowledge of teaching techniques is the best I’ve ever experienced."
"I love singing with such a large and talented group under such a wonderful choral conductor. He challenges us, but has a very relatable and kind demeanor while doing so."
"I enjoy being in a choir and having the chance to sing each week. This choir challenges me enough, allows me to have fun with good people, I'm proud of being part of this Chorale."
You may contact Stacy Newman
at 216-282-4022 or WRC@westernreservechorale.org
for more information.
What You Need To Know
(during a "normal season")
Western Reserve Chorale is an adult choir of mixed voices, approximately 100 voices strong. We sing a diverse repertoire, usually accompanied by piano or an instrumental ensemble.
New members are welcome to join at any time during the season, though the best times to join are at the beginning of the season in the fall or after our first or second concert of the season, when we begin working on new music for the next performance. Although auditions are not necessary, previous choral experience is beneficial. Come visit a rehearsal to see if the Western Reserve Chorale is a great fit for you.
Expectations for members include:
* Regularly attend rehearsals (Sign out on the calendar if you know you will be absent.)
* Attend all performances (Let your Section Leader know if you cannot be there for a concert. There are opportunities to sing the music again in December and June at Outreach Performances).
* Adhere to concert dress for performances (Either Tuxedos with Black Bowtie or Long Skirt or Slacks with Black Top (at least ¾ length sleeves). Black Shoes and either black or neutral socks/hosiery.
* Have a love for singing and a desire to challenge yourself vocally. (Practice at home so that rehearsals can be used for fine-tuning and details rather than learning notes.)
As with any organization, there are costs involved. To provide musical scores, soloists and musicians, our accompanist, director and cover basic administrative costs we ask that all members pay dues of $110.00 per year.
Where else can you get good brain health, music, and wonderful people for just $2.75 per week?
Annual dues are payable by check or through PayPal.